From Eventbrite page:
“Circle of Sisters is back & better than ever! Join us as we celebrate our new look & 17 years as the original Black female empowerment expo!
About this Event
Produced by NYC’s #1 R&B radio station WBLS, our physical event is an annual tradition for more than 20,000 Sisters where they build community, praise at the WLIB Gospel Expolosion, have celebrity encounters, create in engaging workshops, watch empowering panels, and shop all day in our curated marketplace. Due to COVID-19, we are going virtual and bringing this experience to your phone or computer on Saturday, October 10, 2020!
Our Sisters are our lifeblood. We exist, because they are here. Black women face many challenges that are unique to their life experiences. When we show up on October 10th, it will be to encourage our Sisters to embrace themselves and each other.
- Have fun singing along to exclusive celebrity performances.
- Find your Sister community with networking and direct messaging in the virtual platform.
- You can look forward to the WLIB Gospel concert!
The COS Community is diverse group of Black women from various backgrounds and nationalities. Balancing their personal, professional, and spiritual lives is a skill that they’ve cultivated. We will provide content for those who need to scratch that entrepreneurial itch and those who need to find space to relax.
- Get shopping with access to over 100+ vendors catering to our Sisters, most of which are Black or woman-owned!
- Attend live workshops on financial wellness, entrepreneurship, and finding creativity.
It’s difficult being magical all day every day. Life brings ups and downs. From an inspiring keynote to shared stories about our challenges, you will get all the feels during this virtual conference and gathering. You will walk away feeling reenergized and understood.
- Gain tools for boosting your personal, professional, and spiritual life.
- Watch panels discussing the real issues facing our community and how to help.”
[Image description: Pink colored flyer with images of Black women and femmes within the largest word in the poster: “CIRCLE” and the following text over the entire image: ‘Join us for the Circle of Sisters virtual event. November 20-21, 2020. Presented by WBLS. ‘]